A former outbuilding (XNUMXth century) of the Carthusian Monastery of Sylve Bénite, the Grange Dîmière was used to collect royalties in kind for the monks and to store the crops. It is now a place dedicated to contemporary ceramic sculpture.
The Barn stands out for its vast proportions, its architectural qualities (pebbles and scale tiles) and its majesty, which testify to the richness and power of the Carthusian foundation. Built on a slope, the building has 2 levels: a low level as a stable and the barn originally made up of five naves. It is listed in the Historic Monuments.
La Grange is today a place dedicated to sculpture and contemporary ceramic installations and live performance.
Discover the Barn in pictures: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwtUUEMwNe1_kw_nrWpVJcw
In 2022, we invite you to meet from April 30 to discover the universe of artist Ule Ewelt!
Tips and Suggestions : Free entry for exhibitions and shows. Possibility of guided tour of the site. Ceramic courses and workshops on site. Watch the agenda!
- Groups welcome
- Average duration of the individual visit: 60 min
- Average duration of the group visit: 30 min
- Groups welcome
Individual visit services
- Unguided individual tours permanently
Group visits services
- Unguided group tours permanently
- Guided group tours on request
- Mandatory guided group visits
From April 30 to June 30 and from September 1 to October 30, 2022:
Open Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.
Exceptional openings on 27/05 (Ascension Bridge).
From July 1 to August 31, 2022: open daily from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.
Possibility of guided tours for groups: fixed price of 75 € per group up to 15 people, beyond 5 € per person.
- Bank / credit card
- Aire de pique-nique
- Parking nearby
- Drop off on site for groups
- Tourist Documentation
- Free visits
- Guided tours
Activities on site
- Temporary exhibitions
- Evening entertainment
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance
- Reserved space 330 cm wide <20 m from the site
- Reserved space 330 cm wide <100 m from the site
- WC + grab bar + circulation space
- Possibility to drop someone off in front of the site
- Decline> 5% but reasonable
- Magnetic buckle available at reception
From Grenoble A 48, direction Lyon, exit Rives, then D 520 to Oyeu and D17 to Le Pin.