The tourist and cultural site of the Caves de la Chartreuse invites you to discover the world of liqueur, the exceptional heritage as well as the know-how of the Carthusian monks through a new route of guided tours.
By entering this new museographic space, you will stroll through the old production site through 7 spaces which symbolize the great periods in the history of Chartreuse liqueurs. From the origins of the Elixir through the birth of the liquor or the founding of the brand, you will be able to see nearly 1200 original pieces, never exhibited.
The route will continue through a space entirely dedicated to the plants which represent the basis of the manufacture of monks' liqueurs. Here, all your senses will be awakened, so you can taste, see, touch, and smell.
Before entering the historic Voiron cellar, you will cross the atrium which gives pride of place to the Chartreuse massif, in which the monks have been living for nearly a millennium.
Your visit will end with a tasting of the traditional Green and Yellow liquors.
- Groups welcome
Reservations recommended for all tours.
Possibility to buy products from the Carthusians on site.
- Groups welcome
Individual visit services
- Permanent individual guided tours
- Guided individual tours on request
- Mandatory guided individual tours
Group visits services
- Guided group tours on request
- Mandatory guided group visits
Except January 1 and December 25.
Full price: € 12
Reduced price: €9.
Groups by reservation.
- American Express
- Bank / credit card
Equipments and Services
- Coach parking
- Private parking lot
- Coach access
- Tourist Documentation
Activities on site
- Product tasting
- Temporary exhibitions
- Adapted benefits for mental impairment
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Reserved space 330 cm wide <20 m from the site
- Reception desk between 70 and 80 cm high
- WC + grab bar + circulation space
- Site, building partially accessible
- Reception staff made aware of the reception of people with disabilities
Complete visit document in French