Built by the Chalaisian monks in 1101, this church is a very beautiful building of Romanesque art close to primitive Cistercian art. It is listed in the supplementary inventory of Historical Monuments. Its polychrome keystone is not to be missed.
Free information : Contact the site in advance for suitable parking. Human assistance for people with reduced mobility necessary for access to the church.
Tips and Suggestions : In addition to the visit of the Abbey Church, the walk to the belvedere (1 hour round trip) is ideal with a view of the Isère valley and the Vercors and Belledonne massifs.
Possibility of also discovering the Chalais biscuit factory shop.
- Groups welcome
- Average duration of the individual visit: 15 min
- Average duration of the group visit: 15 min
- Groups welcome up to 40 people.
Visit outside of religious services. For groups reservation at reception (only one group at a time in the church)
- Groups welcome
Individual visit services
- Unguided individual tours permanently
Group visits services
- Unguided group visits on request
For groups reservation required, only one group at a time.
Equipments and Services
- Public toilets
- Orientation table
- Parking nearby
- Coach access
- Adapted benefits for mental impairment
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance
- Reserved space 330 cm wide <100 m from the site
- WC + grab bar + circulation space
- Presence of pictograms and / or simplified visuals
- Reception staff made aware of the reception of people with disabilities
Human assistance for access to the church (passage through private parties)
A40 Grenoble-Lyon motorway, exit 13 Voreppe.
SNCF station in Voreppe.