Discover the history, cultural heritage and know-how of Voiron through themed walks and a visit to the emblematic site of the Caves de Chartreuse.
Getaway 2 days/1 night
From 78 € / person (based on 2 adults)
DAY 1 Discovery of Voiron: the city, its history, its heritage
In the morning: stroll among the market stalls in a lively atmosphere rich in local products.
Then, using three tools, discover different facets of the city:
- architecture with Archi Views (document available free of charge at the Tourist Office),
- the story via the “Archistoire” application to download, to discover Voiron from another angle,
- the theme of Resistance via an orientation course (map to print before your stay).
At lunchtime, opt for a picnic in the town garden with your products purchased at the market or order a delicious pizza from Basil&Co.
In the afternoon, discover the Mainssieux museum and its collection of paintings.
For a snack, take a gourmet break at Bonnat to enjoy a delicious chocolate cake. Then direction your guest room Ysalice to Merlas. Meals at the table d'hôte based on local products.
Your night at the Ysalice guest room in Merlas
Your Ysalice guest room nestles in an adobe farm, 700m above sea level in the heart of the hamlet of Saint Sixte Le Lac, commune of Merlas, the village with three bell towers. A stone's throw from his small lake and castle ruins in Chartreuse Park. The entire floor is intended for guests with two comfortable bedrooms: one for 2 people and one for 2 to 4 people.
The little extras:
- A library lounge area and a large bathroom to share (walk-in shower and bathtub)
- Breakfasts and table d'hôtes composed of local and homemade products, are served on the terrace or indoors depending on the weather
- Isabelle, the owner, also offers, upon reservation, massage and wellness services, Do not miss !
DAY 2 Tradition and know-how in Chartreuse
In the morning, enjoy a moment of cocooning and well-being in your room (different massage options optional).
If you did not have time the day before to discover the history of Voiron, you can do so via the “Archistoire” application which offers a virtual tour.
Then, direction Voiron (free lunch) for a visit to the Caves de la Chartreuse (remember to book your guided tour). Discover the new museum space: a stroll through 7 spaces which symbolize the great periods in the history of Chartreuse liqueurs. The route continues through a space entirely dedicated to the plants which represent the basis for the manufacture of monks' liqueurs. Extend your visit to the store to discover the entire range produced by the Chartreux Fathers but also at Cocktail bar offering Chartreuse-based cocktails but also herbal teas.
They are given for information only and contain:
- Mainssieux Museum Entrance
- Bed and breakfast with dinner and breakfast
- Visit to the Chartreuse Cellars (additional charge for the exceptional visit)
The price does not include drinks or a picnic or meal at Basilic&Co.
|2 days / 1 night||Indicative prices for 2 people|
|Mainssieux Museum Entrance||€10|
|Bed and breakfast with dinner and breakfast||€122|
|Visit to the classic Chartreuse Cellars (for the exceptional visit count in addition €18/person)||€24|
|TOTAL||156 € for 2 people|
|either from 78€ per person|
At Ysalice, enjoy different types of massage (feet, back, head, face, etc.):
- 30 minutes from 35€,
- 45 minutes from 40€,
- 1 hour from 70€
Treatments adapted to your skin are also offered (from €65).