The church dedicated to Saint George dates back to the beginning of the Middle Ages. It has been regularly modified over the centuries, retaining its elegant structure, in an open environment. The interior has very rare frescoes and funerary liters.
Built between the 1907th and XNUMXth centuries and now listed as a Historic Monument since XNUMX, this church surprises with its unique construction and the richness of its interior decoration. The frescoes and stalls which date from the XNUMXth century have an exceptional iconography, sculpted faces, bottoms of lamps, large portal, with gifts of prominent figures of the village (stalls, altar, Stations of the Cross)
Only the choir is not accessible to people in wheelchairs.
Tips and Suggestions : Take advantage of your stay in Saint Geoire en Valdaine to visit the Château de Longpra, the Louvat biscuit factory and the Artisanal Brewery of Val d'Ainan.
- Groups welcome
- Average duration of the group visit: 30 min
Contact the town hall for group visits (free and open visit with an explanatory leaflet).
- Groups welcome
Individual visit services
- Unguided individual tours permanently
- Guided individual tours on request
Group visits services
- Unguided group tours permanently
- Guided group tours on request
- Public toilets
- Parking lot
- Parking nearby
- Coach parking
- Free visits
- Guided tours
- Adapted benefits for mental impairment
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance
- Reserved place for people with reduced mobility
- hard coating
- Possibility to drop someone off in front of the site
From Grenoble, A48 motorway towards Lyon, Voiron exit, then D1075 via Chirens, then D82 to St Geoire en Valdaine.